Wednesday 27 July 2011

Bavaria 2011

Back from the short and stressful holiday...
I spend some days in southern Germany region Bavaria with one of my best mates, Simon. Originally we just planned to go to "Gauklernacht", which is one of the largest medieval events all over Germany, but we decided to make it a 4 day holiday, including a trip to Munich and the Alps. Whilst Munich and I did not really become friends (all i really liked about it were basically the underground stations and BMW World)i found myself in love with the Alps. I can't remember the last time I've been there, I was definately younger than 10 and totally forgot how stunning the area is. We went down to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and stood right in front of the highest mountain of Germany, the only thing that stopped us from going up there was the exaggerated price that was to pay. Anyway i had to hold back some tears, being overwhelmed by the beauty of the landscape.
The medieval event itself was fantastic!! But theres one thing i learned: Never ever drink elderberry wine again... (Friday afternoon. Me: I seriously cannot remember where we were last night, did we go out? Simon: We actually came here for "Gauklernacht"... "oh..")






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment