Friday 11 March 2011

Thank you, John Mayer

Dear John Mayer,

in 2010 i randomly listened to one of your songs on the radio, "your body is a wonderland". While i did so, i was thinking about a present that my brother could give me for my own birthday, as he had no idea. I just said "buy me a John Mayer album". For no big reason, i just liked that song. I didn't even like it very much, i just liked it.

Two months later i found myself being in THE downfall of my life. Really everything was going wrong, i was lost, desperate and weak. Nothing cheered me up. Not my friends, not my family, nothing. But everytime i put on your CD while driving in my car or lying on the couch just thinking your music made me feel so calm. It helped me through the worst time of my life and still, whenever i listen to it a deep feeling of clarity and peace overcomes me.

To cut a long story short...thank you for the music.


with John Mayer - Do You Know Me (LIVE in Saratoga Springs) from Bob Reynolds on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment