Sunday 2 December 2012

November - Work, packing bags, booking flights and anaesthesia

I was never the type of person to enjoy autumn very much and it was indeed a bit of a stressful autumn. There are times when you should listen to your body. Imagine someone keeps on shouting at you, shouting "hey you slow down! stop for a while!" well. That is exactly what i ignored. End of story was me ending up in a medical checkup in hospital, knocked out by anaesthestics. Funny how the last thing I remember is calling the nurse "Hey! There is something wrong i am still wide awake..." and the next thing I knew was waking up in a completely different room saying dumb things like "May i ask you a question? Am i already done?" :)

I feel much better now though and it was, again, no kind of negative stress i have been through, it was positive stress. I found a new job and put all my energy and thoughts on it. It has been two months there now and i start to feel really comfortable and good there and able to calm down and relax. Besides work, i booked my flight to NEW YORK CITY where i will go on June 1st with my flatmate Simon, visiting his family in NY, Washington DC and Charleston. Philadelphia is also on our list of must see's. I was never the type to be super excited about travelling, because it became kind of a routine. Every journey is special and exciting to me, the people i meet and the things i see, it is just my greatest hobby - but the thrill of anticipation is not the same anymore. However, it is different with America. You may not believe it but i have never been on any other continent except Europe. Talking about Europe, i will sit on a plane to Dublin in three days, which is incredible. Like, incredible. Because it was unplanned! It was a quick decision made up in a skype conversation with my dear Patrick, who is from Cork - where i used to live. It will be the first time for me going to Ireland and NOT seeing Cork but a completely different part - the north. Wicklow mountains, Belfast, Northern Ireland in general. By the end of the year i'll have been to Ireland, UK, Italy (including Vatican), Czech Republic, France and Spain which is like mind-blowing. It makes me realize that i am blessed with the greatest life i could think of. The people in it, the things i have seen - so much beauty sometimes i think it is more than i can take... I am off for now - i need to pack my bags as i won't get to do it the next two days. Tuesday i am off to Munich and wednesday morning i'll be up in the air... On cloud number nine ;) Last but not least, enjoy my little november collection of pictures...ugh, i need a new camera. My CANON got stolen in Spain and i still didn't manage to buy a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment